Sunday, February 14, 2010

Crazy Heart

I have been looking forward to this flick ever since I heard about it. I remember putting up the poster so I can start to promote it, but quickly I realized it probably wouldn't make its way to the big screen at most theaters. I was surprised and excited to see the bookings for it and ready to watch. The film was pretty damn good. The best performance was done by Jeff Bridges, in fact I am quite happy and shocked by his performance. His nomination was well deserved and I hope he actually wins something. The story was amazing and hell the music was actually really good. I am not much of a country nut but I do love that old school rock-a-billie country that has a strong influence of jazz in it. The other performances were not too bad either. I did not even realize Colin Ferrel was involved in this film till he showed up and he did a great job. His only flaw was that he struggled with his accent at times, but I give him a thumbs up because he is doing a thick Texan accent when he is actually Irish, much respect. I always struggle with Maggie Gyllenhaal because she is a good enough actress but she is very fucking weird looking and kind of strange, and sometimes I really struggle with her acting. I dont know why I struggle with her but as a whole her role was nothing special to me. I could have done without it or with a better actress. But either way I would highly suggest this movie for people who like indie biopic films. The movie was very good and very well acted. I enjoyed the characters, the music, and the story. If this movie shows up around you should go check it out. My next review will be Hurt Locker. Keep an eye out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment