Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Saw this one yesterday in 3d. From what I have been hearing not too many people have been enjoying this flick for this that or the other reason. But I will honestly say that I really enjoyed this. I wouldn't say that it was one of my favorite films, hell I wouldn't even say that it was one of my favorite Tim Burton flicks but it was damn enjoyable. The story was different but interesting from start to finish. The acting as usually was pretty damn cool. The visuals were fun as hell. And as always it had that nice little dark side that Tim Burton is known for. I thoroughly enjoyed the retailing of this classic story, the best thing is that it was not the same as any of the other stories before so it gave it gave them a bit of freedom with the story.


The Good:

- Graphics were amazing
- The cheshire cat
- Johnny Depp: Mr. Depp played an awesome Madd Hatter
- All the other actors all played their parts very well and made for an enjoyable movie
- Classic Tim Burton
The Bad:
- The 3d was very unnecessary and I can only imagine would have been just as good in 2d. I would have loved to see this movie actually made in 3d vs. being rendered in 3d afterwords.
- Because it was made by Disney it showed some similarities to Narnia
- The white queen was a bit corny but I feel this was done on purpose and she was still very good.

Overall I would suggest this for anyone who enjoys Tim Burton's movies and anyone who enjoys Alice in Wonderland. The movie was just good. I will say that I would like to see Tim Burton stretch his wings a bit. This is kind of a side track but the man has a great talent and has many great skill but has allowed himself to become a one trick pony. All of his movies are dark, most of his movies have Johnny Depp and Whats her name in it... But damnit I still enjoy his stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment